Friday, February 3, 2012

The staging is complete

The result of the last surgery is complete.There were 18 nodes removed and 2 were positive for melanoma.

Added to the three sentinel nodes that were removed at the time of the original surgery, the
total node count is 21 in the superficial groin. 5 are positive.
I am Stage 3 c
So the staging is finally complete and the oncologists have all the info they need
to make recommendations. Next appt Monday for that.

I hope the surgeon's magic fingers swept it all out, but
if not then interferon will get any of little buggers that may be left.

I also found out that the turmor is BRAF+ which means I can be helped by some of the new drugs.

I feel more optimistic
and as Elizabeth said
"Hey it's just 2 more, you can beat that"

Couldn't agree more.



No comments:

Post a Comment